Monday, November 29, 2010

Ho, Ho, Ho For Christmas

Dear Fam,

Transfers have come and gone and it looks like I'll be in Ho,Ho,Ho for Christmas! My new companion is from the Great state of Idaho! His name is Elder Kloepfer, and he loves to work, answer to my prayers! I would battle and battle to try and be obedient but its really hard when you are being trained to tell your companion what you should do. We are working really hard and doing all we can to further the work, Elder Kloepfer can tell that my last companion didn't do a whole lot to help me learn or even do all the things we should but he is helping me so much, I feel so happy right now. In the past I didn't do a whole lot of talking in the lessons but Elder Kloepfers biggest thing is teaching in unity! I am kind of shocked to have a companion from the states, I am his first one from the states and he has been out for 18months. I missed you all so much during thanksgiving but I enjoyed the chips and salsa mom sent, my companion also had some beef Jerky and some protein bars and some candy so we really enjoyed. My favorite thing Elder Kloepfer has taught me so far is how to start teaching, we don't waste any time, we have extended so many dates in our first week together. This week we were really hoping the three people we gave a date to would come because we are setting a lofty goal for this month and if these people didn't come we would not be able to make our goal. At the start of church no one showed up, not a single person, I felt sick, and I prayed and prayed these people would come. To my amazement all three of them came late, but they came. I was so happy and I felt it was a huge blessing, earlier this week we only had one person preparing for baptize and now we have four. We hope and pray we will be able to baptize them all on the 18th. Their names are Elizabeth, Jocelyn, Ivy and Elome. I am happy to hear you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. Since coming on my mission I have truly come to see how blessed I am and how much I have taken for granted all my life. But right now I am trying to share with everyone that knowledge I have that I am most grateful and I know will change their lives and bless them just like it has blessed me! Mom, your story was amazing and I am so grateful for all the help you have given
me. I am ok for Christmas, I don't need anything else and I know what you have sent me is more than any other missionary could dream about, so please don't send anything else! I couldn't help but think of you all a lot this week, I am so grateful for the Gospel and that I can share it with the wonderful people of Ghana. I am also grateful to have you all for my family, though your letters and prayers you helped me adjust and encouraged me to move forward I love you all!

Love, Elder L.

No comments:

Post a Comment