Monday, November 1, 2010

Another Great Week in Ho

Hello Fam,

Thanks for the letters and the prayers! I loved the pictures and I was a little sad missing Halloween because it is one of my favorite holidays but I did enjoy some of the candy mom sent so I think we can count that as my trick or treating this year. I have had another great week in ho. This week we baptized the rest of a part member family. The father's name is Emmanuel and he was inactive but is once again active and on saturday we baptized his wife (rose), daughters (elome and dinna) and his son Daniel. It was a wonderful service and is makes me so happy to see the family all in church together. This week we will be baptizing one more women named Mary and the first time she came to church five weeks ago she hasn't missed a sunday since. She could barely even read and wasn't really willing to try when we first met her but through the spirit she was touched and when she knew the message we were sharing with her was true she continued to become better and better at reading. Now she can read from The Book of Mormon with little and almost no help at all! Please pray that Elder Frimpong and I can find people that are looking for the gospel this month we have few progressing investigators and it looks like this month the work might not be moving as fast as in the past, so please pray that we can find people that are truly seeking the gospel.

Today I ate something very interesting.... I ate a cat, yes a cat. My companion told my cat meet was very good and I told him I would like to try some some time. So he had a man kill it and we
prepared it. I got some wonderful pictures and some day I look forward to raising many cats and eating them!! Ok, not really but cat meat is very nice and now I know what snowball tastes like. I was quiet surprised how good it was! Last week I was happy to hear the Halloween Canoe Trip was a hit. Please say hello to Elder Lyons for me, I'm sure he was a wonderful missionary! I can't really remember what else I wrote to you last week but at least the internet let me send you a
letter this week!

Love, Elder L.

No comments:

Post a Comment