Monday, July 23, 2012

Hello

Dear Fam,

This past week we were blessed to have the baptisms of Pat, Kelly and Gabriel. I am so excited about these recent converts, I know that all of them have truly been converted. They don't believe the church is just nice or that it is a good church but they know it is true. They all had things come up on the day of their baptism Kelly was supposed to go to Tamale for work, Pat was had a graduation and Kelly also had work. But all of them did what was right and made the write choice. I was so happy about that. The baptism started pretty late but I was very happy with the attendance of the baptism there was a lot of support and they had a good welcome into the ward. Yesterday to my surprise we were asked to join the circle for the confirmation. I was privileged to perform the first confirmation of my mission and it was a sweet and humbling experience. I was even more amazed when Spencer and Kristin and their family walked in to church, I couldn't believe it, I was thinking about how it might happen during the week but I kind of forgot about it Sunday morning. It was one of the longest sacrament meetings of my mission because I was bouncing up and down inside because I couldn't wait to talk to them!! I was so excited to see them and I wish we could have had longer to talk but they were on their way to Kumasi. They all looked great and they give me a wonderful care package, it was so nice of them and I couldn't give them enough thanks. I wasn't expecting it and I was just happy enough to see them!

We have been working with some wonderful people and the Lord continues to bless us though our finding efforts and though member referrals. One of these investigators is Prince, he is very smart and is planing to go to Russia in the coming months for school. He told us that one of his class mates was a member and because of his example he could see something was different about the boy and that he wanted to be like him. He loves reading and its really fun to teach him because he wants to learn everything. He is keeping all his commitments and is progressing very well towards his baptism. Christopher is another one of our investigators that is really doing well he has had some challenges he is overcoming but he has come the past two weeks and he came to the concert. We have a member that is from a place close to his home town. In our efforts with Paul(the man who read the Book of Mormon) we decided that we are going to focus more on the things he hasn't heard before. He wasn't sure about the Pre-earth life and and the spirit world and the three kingdoms. So we had a nice lesson on all of those things but for him he is pretty stubborn sometimes when he is learning things that are new to him but and he sometimes will try and use a scripture to contradict what we have said. But as the lesson went on and as we were teaching about the spirit world I felt that we should also talk about baptisms for the dead. So we had him read the scripture that talks about baptism for the dead. He was so amazed he had to read it twice and when he looked up at us and his face seemed to say what? What a great teaching opportunity we had. We started talking about temples we are going to take him and Temple magazine tomorrow and have a lesson on the temple. I am very excited.

Much Love,

Elder L.

No comments:

Post a Comment