Monday, July 30, 2012

Hello Family

Dear Fam,

Great to hear from all of you. Sounds like everyone is enjoying the summer season and it sounds like you are all very busy as always. Today I'll have to keep it short because we are having some internet Problems and writing my letter to President Judd to a little longer than usual. This week Elder Rane and I had a lot of fun, we made some great progress with some of our investigators this week. Christopher has continued to obey the word of wisdom. He has stopped smoking for a few weeks now and told us that since he has stopped he has had more strength and his boss has noticed in increased his pay. His boss told him that if he keeps it up he will increase it again. A lot of his friends have seen the change with in him, a great missionary opportunity we are looking to take advantage of this week. Prince has traveled but we are hoping he comes back soon, he had to go and finalize some thing in the western region. But he is as sweet as ever, I just hope he comes back before I go. We are also working with a man named Joy. Joy was a referral from a member, he has a bunch of golden questions he has heard a lot about the church and it has been really fun teaching him. He was supposed to come on sunday but he was having some phone problems and we weren't able to make it happen, but his phone is working again today and we are going to see him tomorrow. Also we met a man named Clifford, he is a referal from Sister Judd, Clifford is was of the kindest and most loving Ghanians I have ever met. We could just see it in him after a few minutes, he has a daughter that is handicapped and has twins. In Ghana it is extremely difficult for a family to take care of a handicapped child because the government does not give them the support and help needed. We met him on saturday and he came on sunday. The Judds love him and they are really giving him a lot of love and support. They same way they give for all of us. For the first time my whole mission, My Mission President is coming to district meeting and then we are going proselyting tomorrow, I'm really excited and it looks like they are not letting me get off easy. ( : Kelly or recent Convert who was baptized just two weeks ago was given two callings on sunday, he will be teaching and said he is the elder quorum secretary(although I'm not sure about that one, I'm pretty sure you have to be in the elders quorum in the first place) I'm just happy the ward is giving him responsibility, he told me he is excited to learn.

Tuesday was zone conference and a lot of the instruction was on desire, and how we take our desires and turn them into our actions and who we become. I was so happy with how it went, I am really going to miss listening to President Judd and Sister Judd's Instruction. He showed us some of the past Prophets and Apostles scriptures and how they marked them it was really fun to see. On Thursday we had dinner with Elder and Sister Satati, they were so kind to have us over, they had no idea I was almost done, Sister Satati just had a feeling that she should invite us over now and i'm happy see did. We talked a lot about Grandma and Grandpa and they shared some wonderful stories and memories they had with them. I wish Grandma and you all could have been there and I couldn't help but wonder if Grandpa was there. We also talked about some of our investigators and the challenges they were facing and what we could do to help them. We talked about some of the challenges Ghana was facing and it was fun to see it as Elder Satati's sees it.. a little bit of the big picture. They shared with us stories from when they had their mission assignment and we talked about my mission. I then recounted to the Satati's the experience I had with them and Mom and Dad and Grandma and Grandpa. He talked to me about being a 100 % missionary and told me that nothing will prepare me better for the rest of my life then a mission. I told them that I had not been a 100 %, but that I had done my best and that I felt I had done what the Lord expected of me. I told him advice had had a huge impact on my mission, that in most of my prayers I have prayed that my mission would make me what the lord wants me to be. I told them that helped me to see the big picture and that on several occasions it kept me safe from doing things that others were doing. It felt great to look him in the eye and tell him all of that. It was a powerful experience I will never forget. Thank you all for the wonderful examples you are to me!  

Much Love,

Elder L.

No comments:

Post a Comment