Monday, July 9, 2012

Hello from Cantonments!

Dear Fam,

This past week has been great, I have a new companion named Elder Rane, he is from Alabama. He was just trained and he has been out for 3 months. He is sweet and I am so happy to have him here, we have been working our socks off. In my last interview with President Judd we talk about making this last transfer my best one. I told him that was the biggest desire of my heart and thats why he sent me Elder Rane. He went to BYU for a year and now his parents are living in Provo. We are having a blast and I can't believe how things are just flying by. This past week I got a call from David the Delta Pilot asking if there was anything I wanted to send with him. I told him I didn't and I tried to thank him over the phone for all packages he brought for free but after I hung up the phone I felt terrible and I called sister barney back to see if he was still at the mission home so I could thank him in person but he had already left. But Heavenly Father answered my prayer yesterday when he walked into church and I was able to sit by him in priesthood and talk to him after church. I got a picture with him out side the temple and its hard to believe that two years ago we sat next to each other in the temple and that is how all of this started. I know Heavenly Father was watching out for me and I don't believe it was by accident we sat next to each other those packages really helped me while I was facing some of those early struggles of my mission.  

Yesterday after church we went to go and see on of our investigators named Gabriel. Gabriel was had been taught by missionaries for the last several months, he has been off and on, with church attendance and reading the scriptures. A few weeks ago he was saying he wasn't sure if it was true and we told him that if he was more consistent and more serious about things he would receive his answer. Yesterday he said that as he was sitting in Elders Quorum a it just hit him and he felt something he could not deny. He knew it was all true and he knew he need to be baptized and we gave him a date for the 21st of July. That was a powerful lesson and the spirit was there as he talked about the truths he had received. We had another wonderful lesson with a sister we had sat down with for the first time this week. We were teaching her and we teaching her from lesson one we just started crying, at first I thought she was crying because of the things we teaching her. I soon realized that she was crying because she had been facing so many challenges. I felt how much God loved her and we told her that God loves her and that he sent us there to help her. It was a very sweet experience and the love I felt for her as I was testifying to her of Gods love almost surprised me. It was a great reminder that God loves all of his children equally and perfectly. I feel my mission has helped me to love people so much more than before and to be more charitable. But I know from the lesson that I can feel that way about everyone all the time. I take courage knowing that Elder Holland Cries at night because he wants to be more like the Savior. That is how I want to be. Kelly and Pat are also preparing for the 21st and are doing well, they also had a few challenges keeping some commitments consistently but now they are solid. David and Norah met again with the Bishop and are working towards their marriage. I don't know if I will still be around but I know that David, Norah, Perpetual and Wilson will all join the Church when every thing is worked out. At first they were coming with a member and last two weeks the member hasn't been able to come but they continue to come and it is fun to see the whole family file in together. We also met a Efo and Rose last week, they are the neighbors to Kelly and Pat. We haven't really been able to teach them to much but it been great to see people flock together and its fun to see investigators act like members. Its because of Kelly and Pat that Efo and Rose came to church. I'll keep you posted on how everyone continues to progress, Elder Rane and I are really excited for this transfer, it is going to be a great one.

Love, Elder L.

No comments:

Post a Comment