Monday, July 16, 2012

Hello!

Dear Fam,

This past week has been a very good one, yesterday we were blessed to have twelve investigators come to church. We have really been trying to work hard, smart and pure as President Judd likes to say. As we have done this the Lord has been blessing us. A few of these investigators are having some challenges that we are helping them overcome such as chasity and word of wisdom concerns but Elder Rane and I feel that they want to change and receive the blessings of the fullness of the gospel. This week Paul, one of our investigators finished reading the Book of Mormon this past week! But he still feels he has not received an answer. On Saturday we taught him the importance of coming to church and coming consistently. I think he took that to heart because he hadn't come for a few weeks but he came yesterday and he came very early. I believed that if anyone read the Book of Mormon all the way though they would be converted but for him he focuses too much on what his mind is telling him and does not listen to his hart. Thursday evening will be a concert held by Alex Boye! I am really excited for it and we are really hoping he can come because I know that the spirit in that meeting will be powerful and that it can have an effect on Paul. We are also hoping that some of are other investigators can come, it will be a great evening. 

This week we are planning on the baptism of three of our candidates. Pat, Kelly and Gabriel. Pat and Kelly live on your street, for a while they were a little shaky because they heard some bad things about the church. To help them we focused on the commitments and taught them to find out for them selves what is true. They took that to heart and because more serious about getting an answer to the prayers and now they both know the church is true. The rest of the family is still a little hesitant but their attitude towards us has changed a lot and I believe its because they have seen a change in their family members and they see how happy they are with the truths they have learned.

Yesterday I saw Donald, my jaw dropped when I saw him and it took me a few seconds to realize that Donald my cousin who I have know for years and years was standing right in front of me. Not because I didn't recognize him but because I would have never guessed I would have seen any family members on my mission. haha as soon as I realized it I gave him a big hug and we talked for a few minutes but then I had to go teach investigators class and he stayed for the next sacrament meeting. I wanted to meet him and talk to him for a few minutes after church but I couldn't find him I felt bad I didn't talk to him longer but at the same time I think that is something that should probably be approved by President Judd so its ok for now. He looked great and I don't remembering him being that tall! It was funny to recall how we visited him on his mission and now he visited me on mine. Thanks for all the letters, prayers and love. I have the greatest family in the world!

Much Love,

Elder L.

No comments:

Post a Comment