Monday, January 10, 2011

From the Bush to the Beach

Dear Fam,

Well transfers came up and I can't say I was surprised to be transferred from Ho. I loved Ho so much and it was hard to say goodbye to so many of the people that I love! I'm now in Osu, which is part of Accra. Even though I miss Ho I love this place already, we did a whole lot of teaching this week and we have five people scheduled to be baptized on saturday. Please pray for Fansisca, Gladys, Richmond who are all in the same family. And please also pray for Harrison and Jefferson who are the son's of my companions recent convert. We had fourteen pleople at church which = three weeks in Ho. But why I really love this place so much is because almost all the people we are teaching are families. We have several more with a date and we are hoping for nine or ten baptizems this month. My Compainion is a great guy, his name is Elder Chamberlain and he is a white guy from South African. He is the District leader and he has really turned Osu around. Osu hasn't had more than four baptizems in one month in over a year so he is doing a marvioulious work and a wonder out here and I am happy to be his companion. He has already taught me so many things that have helped me as a missionary. He is the third district leader I have worked with and I have loved learning so many different things from all of them.

My new apartment is inside the compound of the church, infact it used to be an office or something but they cleared it out and put missionaries in there. Its right next to the bishops office and I am almost certain it is as nice as most appartments at BYU.... I couldn't believe how nice the place was! The best part is it has AC, the firstnight I was there I was freezing, it felt really nice to be cold for a change. We also have a PingPong table inside our compond, but don't worry i'm not letting all this things distract me. And I love all the people we are teaching. Osu is a really interesting place, in it are some of the richest people in Accra, I can't believe some of the Cars I have seen around here, I'm a Lindsay so I can't tell you any of their names but I was really surpised. Then on the other side of are area (by the beach) are the slums. Its really sad to so the differences between the two places but I am amazed how much more teaching and most the people we have with a date live in this area and I know it is truely because they are humble. I love these people, their isn't a better people in the world!

-Love, Elder L.

No comments:

Post a Comment