Monday, January 17, 2011

A Baptism to Remember

Dear Fam,

In week two from "THE Osu", Saturday was a day I will never forget for many reasons. Mostly because of the baptisms of Francisca, Richmond, Gladys, Harrison & Jefferson. Francisca is an amazing person, she told us that right before she was baptized she prayed that all her neighbors, family & friends would see her example and how the gospel has changed her life and be baptized. What more could a missionary as for from a recent convert. She told us she has many people she wants to introduce to us. President Smith Interviewed her and was so impressed that he came to the baptism. The AP's filled up the font and President was afraid it would over flow so he told them to turn it off. By the time the baptism took place most of the water emptied so we had to fill it up while Francisca was freezing. I put the hose in the font to make it fill up quicker. After I let go of the hose they turned it on full blast and hose was more like a fire hose sparing every where and it got me pretty wet. haha We had a few other difficulties but the baptism went on and it was great to witness all of their baptisms. Also I heard that Miracle was baptized. I love that man and was so happy to help him overcome his addiction to alcohol. He has been trying for years and he couldn't do it, only the gospel of Jesus Christ was strong enough to help him over come his addiction. Before I left Ho he gave me a beautiful carving of Moroni burying the golden place. Every time I think of Miracle I think of the Miracle that transformed his life.

In work with our other Investigators Angela was not able to come to church because her husband returned from traveling so she and her children will not be baptized this month, but we are hope and pray for next month. On a happy note Joyce is still preparing for the 29th and her husband came to the church next week and is seriously investigating the church. He really enjoyed church and we are hoping to add his date to his three sons for the 12th of Feb.

Few other random notes: There are a few hamburger, Pizza Joints and Super Markets but all of them are ridiculously priced. Around here one burger its Ten Cedi's which is about the amount of
Subsistence I have for three or four days. I also got my Yellow Stone shirt from the W[]s! Please thank them for me, I have been waring it the last few days with pride!

Also I met Elder Ferguson yesterday at Church, I didn't talk to him much but he saw my name tag and asked if I knew any of the L[]s in West Valley. He told me about one of his memories with Grandpa which made me very happy but we didn't talk to long but I still want to go to lunch with him when I'm home. [Personal messages to family.]

-Love, Elder Andrew K. L.

No comments:

Post a Comment