Monday, October 11, 2010

Dear Fam,

Great to hear from you all. This week we had zone conference and tomorrow we have transfers. I have already become very close with the three elders in our apartment and it would be sad to
see any of them were transferred. But such is the way of a missionaries life. At zone conference President Smith gave us "The Book of Mormon Challenge" we are to mark red every time we see the name of the lord or any of his other names, we mark green if we see any of the Christlike attributes from preach my gospel, we mark orange any time the lord speaks directly to his servants, and we mark blue for any other doctrine we see. We are to read this by dec. 14th. This
has really helped the scriptures come alive for me. I read it a few times before but I think at the pace we are reading it has really helped it stay in my mind more than those few times combined. Reading the Book of Mormon this way makes me feel like I have never read it before. Which makes it that more exciting to me. I only wish I had read it differently in my youth. Bryan my seminary teachers would often teach us not to nibble or even read but to feast on the words of
Christ. I am truly learning what it means to feast upon the words of Christ. Make sure you really try to get them to understand that. It will help them prepare so much for there missions. I love studying the scriptures and I can't get enough of it, I can't believe how much I have to learn and how much I missed in my youth but its fun to study and study time never seems long enough!

[Personal messages to siblings.] Despite my lack of understanding or teaching abilities at the moment I have been blessed to truly see the importance of planting seeds. I'll have you know that while on my bike I will hardly let a person pass without giving them the biggest smile I can and asking them how they are doing. I know that everyone is looking at me, they see my name tag and they wonder who I am or what I'm doing. Sometimes it makes me sad not being able to share the wonderful message everyone, but I know that some day they might have the chance, and when they see the other missionaries I hope they will remember me and receive the other elders.

[Personal message to family member].

This week we will watch two sessions of conference and I hope and pray that I get to see you a bunch! I can't wait to watch and hear from the prophet, apostles and seventy. [Personal messages to family members.]

This week we will have two baptisms. Prince(15 year old boy) and a women named Pat. I love this work, I am still trying to adjust but I constantly trying to forget myself and go to work and also remember that I am living my dream. I love you all and am grateful for your love and prayers!!

Love,

Elder L.

No comments:

Post a Comment