Monday, August 13, 2012

See You Soon!

Dear Fam,

Thanks for all the letters, I'm excited to see all of you and talk and talk. Saturday we had the baptism of Christopher, it was wonderful! He is a completely different man now then from the first time I met him. He is so, so happy. He has entered the gate and is ready to follow the path to eternal life. He was telling us about a dream that he had, where he was running on a strait path and all of these people were trying to confuse him and hold him up but he said he didn't mind them but he just kept running. He had know idea why he was running or where but he knew he just had to keep running. Sounded a lot like Lehi's dream to me.. he later read about Lehi's dream and said he was just amazed. It was a great lesson. The ward is taking great care of him and with all of our recent converts, they have really stepped up and I'm so grateful for that. I was not able to go to the temple with Pedro, he will go either later in the week or next week, I was a bit disappointed because that would have been a great experience but its ok. I am going to see him today. I'm going to give him the general conference cd's he is doing great and I am so excited for him. I was able to go and do baptisms for the dead with a few of my recent converts on saturday and that was a wonderful experience, it was so fun to watch them look around with amazement, it was a day I will never forget. We did confirmations and then baptism. Yesterday I bore my testimony and as always I couldn't really say what was in my heart but I told them what I knew to be true and thats what counts. A few of our recent converts were able to take part during sacrament meeting and that ment a lot to me. Kelly is giving a talk in two weeks, i'll be sad to miss that and he really is going to be the Elders quorum secretary which still doesn't really make sense to me but I'm happy that it will be a great learning experience for him. I feel like some of my most recent converts have been some of the strongest of my whole mission and I'm grateful for that. Thanks for all the support you have given me throughout my mission, I could not have done it without you! I forgot my paper with my flight plans on it so I could tell you the number but I'll have Sister Barney Email it to you.

Love,

Elder Andrew K. L. 

Tonight i'm going to lean on the Tape...

1 comment: