Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 2 in Ho

Dear Fam,

I wish I could take several hours and write you all personally but I don't have enough time to write you all. I wrote mom and dad letters and gave them many of the details from this week, so have them forward their letters and this one as well! I am so greatful for all of your prayers, fasting & letters, they have really strengthened me. I was so pumped and ready to be invincible, teaching with power, talking to everyone, and just being a great missionary. I knew it would be hard, but I thought because of my excitement to be here I would not be affected. haha I don't know anything, about what it would be like, how to teach, scriptures, names, faces, the area. Its been good for me though, I have been humbled like I have never been before in my life. [Personal information.] Right now I don't talk a lot because I am still not great at teaching but I am still serving my purpose despite this because everyone wants to talk to me, and if they talk to me I am still able to plant seeds even though sometime I feel like I don't know whats going on.

Your letters have really, really helped. Its great to hear all of your updates! [Direct messages to siblings.] I love you all so Much, I am greatful to have such a wonderful family that can help lift their baby brother when he needs them most! Next week I will do a better job in my letter and hopeful I will be able to write you all personal letters, I will also write more about what its like and whats going on but I thought I would tell you I will live, I will learn, I will love it! I know these experiences will eventually help me teach, because people here are so humble so I will be better because I have been humbled. I love you all, I know the lord wants me here and he will not put anything in my way I cannot handle!

Love, Elder Andrew L.

[Editor's note: Andrew had sent a previous letter that he asked not to have put on the blog.]

No comments:

Post a Comment